Goodmorning!
Here I am on the 4th of July (my first offical day off of the summer) sitting, resting and simply being. As I look out of the window into the beautiful foliage of the West Virginia mountains I can't help but think how awesome God is. Not only did He create mountains but he created gentle breezes, distant fog and a sun that glistens through the tree tops. How high the mountains are and to think that God is even higher than them!...
So, as I mentioned, I am in the small town of Logan, West Virginia and am loving it. I am halfway through my YouthWorks summer already and time continues to fly by. The Kids Club that I run for community kids has proven to be a HUGE challenge but God continues to provide, giving me guidance, patience, love and hope! Each day we have 40 to 50 kids ages 3-18 come to Kids Club which is awesome. As I have served this Kids Club, my eyes have quickly been opened to the many urban struggles of this rural town and I have been learning a lot about what it looks like to truly love with the love of Christ. Despite many struggles, I am finally beginning to form relationships of trust with the kids. To see their smiles when I take the time to talk to them, listen to them and love them... To see the joys when they win a game, draw a picture or meet a new youth... To see the excitement that they have for each new day...
God will not give me more than I can handle and while it has been hard to believe that at times, it is true! I have faith that God will continue to bless us - our site, our ministries and the community that we are serving. He has provided me with a great team (Krista, Adam and Mary) an awesome friend (Andy) and many great church and community members (Jane, Lisa, Matt....)
Goodbye for now from a West Virginia mountain holler.
Alaina,
ReplyDeleteSounds like you have been challenged over the past few months but you have a postitive attitude that God will not give you more than you can handle. Keep up the faith girl! We are leaving for Fireside tomorrow so I won't be on her much but it is good to read about what is going on in your life.
Mrs. Fowler
God is good! All the time! Keep up the faith, girl! Love, Mrs. Fowler
ReplyDelete